What you can expect at the Corporate Relay For Life
- The CANSA Relay For Life Corporate event is a fun-filled, overnight event that mobilises companies & businesses to celebrate survivors (anyone who has ever been diagnosed with cancer), remember loved ones and raise money for the fight against cancer.
- The event is a celebration of life and survival and a positive way to make a difference whilst remembering those who have been lost.
- A survivors ‘ lap of honour’ opens this prestigious event and at nightfall a moving Luminaria candlelight ceremony is designed to remind people why they joined the event. This emotional time sets the stage for the importance of each participant’s contribution.
- The luminaria candles line the track and are left burning throughout the night to remind participants of the incredible importance of their contributions. The paper bags containing the candles are filled with photos and messages to loved ones who have passed on.
- Teams of 10 to 15 members gather with tents and sleeping bags with the goal of keeping one person on the track at all times.
- A festive atmosphere always develops as participants make new friends.
- See info re 2014 event…
15 Jul 2014 | PUBLISHED UNDER: Corporate Relay