The Passion of Caregivers
“Caregivers, simply put, are those unsung heroes who care for a cancer patient during their cancer journey. Some might be at Relay with their cancer Survivor. Or maybe some of you are like ME, you have lost that special person you cared for. You are a caregiver!” Jeff Ross – Relay For Life Hall of Fame Member.
For every Survivor and loved one celebrated and remembered, there was at least one caregiver beside them through their journey.
- Join our Facebook support group, CANSA Caring for the Carers for cancer caregivers.
- Find out more about the holistic care & support we offer to our cancer survivors and loved ones through our CANSA Care Centres & Care Homes.
- Download CANSA’s Guidelines for Caregivers on How to Care for Themselves
- See our online resources & tools to help cancer survivors cope with diagnosis, treatment and remission.
CANSA is committed to connecting people facing cancer with information, day-to-day help as well as emotional support they need in the communities where they live. Our aim is to ensure that cancer Survivors and their caregivers and loved ones don’t have to face cancer alone; we’re here to support them through every step of their cancer journey.*
* The responsibility rests with caregivers and patients to contact CANSA for assistance. CANSA is not informed of any diagnoses / of patients being treated at medical centres. Family and caregivers need to obtain permission from patients, before CANSA may contact them. Read more…
At CANSA Relay For Life events, we Celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, Remember loved ones lost, and Fight Back against the disease and we honour the caregivers who take care of them.