Develop the strongest possible Relay committee and develop them as CANSA volunteers.
Your Relay is only as strong as its committee.
Your committee needs to be empowered and entrepreneurial.
- Engage the Community
- Build Your Committee
- Educate on Relay
Consider the following when planning a committee meeting:
- Purpose of the meeting
- When to hold the meeting
- Where to hold the meeting
- Committees own their event
- Set goals and develop plans
- Commit to grow their committee
- Commit to improve their event from year to year
- Empower general committee members and subcommittee chairs
- Plan for succession to prevent burnout
- Recruit members for the committee year round
- Involve their entire community
- Utilise the teams to help run the event
- Commit to customer service