Assemble Your Task Team
The size of your Relay For Life committee will depend on many factors, including the size of your Relay and the number of years your Relay has been held.
With more people on your committee, not only will there be less work for everyone, but also more potential contacts for teams and sponsors; as well as the opportunity to continue to develop Relay volunteer leaders.
- Each leadership chairperson should recruit a subcommittee to support the success of his/her designated area of Relay.
- Each member of the leadership committee should assist in the recruitment of teams.
- Plan ahead for next year by recruiting leadership committee and subcommittee volunteers at your Relay For Life event.
- Additional resources for subcommittee development are available through your staff partner.
The committee positions that you will need for a successful Relay event:
(If you do not have enough people to fill all the roles, some people may have to fill more than one position.)
Remember that these positions will be more productive with a subcommittee rather than with just a chairperson.
- Event Chairperson/Co-Chair(s)
- Team Development Chairperson
- Survivorship Chairperson
- Logistics Chairperson
- Luminaria /Candle Lighting Ceremony Chairperson
- Registration/Accounting Chairperson
- Data Chairperson
- Cancer Education Chairperson
- Entertainment and Activities Chairperson
- Volunteer Opportunity Chairperson
- Publicity Chairperson
- Corporate Development Chairperson
- Honorary Chairperson