All That A Relay For Life Committee Needs
National CANSA Relay For Life Standards
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is licensed to use the Relay For Life trademark. Therefore certain standards that must be upheld.
Although each Relay looks different, they all have common elements to ensure a similar experience no matter where in the world you are.
- The Relay For Life must be an overnight Event
- The Relay For Life must have an Opening & a Closing Ceremony
- The Relay For Life must have a Luminaria Ceremony
- The Relay For Life must have Survivorship activities
- The Relay For Life must provide CANSA’s Mission Delivery through educational material
- The Relay For Life must be a tobacco free environment
- The Relay For Life must not allow alcohol to be sold
Relay For Life is community owned and each Relay For Life has a Volunteer driven Committee.
The size of your Relay’s Committee will depend on factors such as the size of the Relay and the number of years the Relay has been held.
Your Relay Is Only As Strong As Its Committee
CANSA has Relay For Life Specialists, trained by the American Cancer Society Relay Team, to make sure that all Relay Events held in South Africa meet global standards.
Your Staff Partner will arrange that your Committee gets trained by one of CANSA’s Business Development Coordinators.